Friday, November 30, 2012

Favorite Quote Friday

Sorry my posts are so sparse. I have a million good reasons, but I won't bore you.

Sometimes living life is more important than blogging about it!

I would just like to say that I love my husband. I am so thankful for him and for all the sacrifices he makes for our family. They are many and he makes them willingly. So thankful.

Today's favorite quote is brought to you from Beth Moore via the amazing study I am doing on Mercy.

"The power of the resurrection means that 
nothing but the tomb is meant to be empty."

I pray you will let that sink in.

I have and it has challenged me.

Challenged me to take my emptiness to the cross, to actively believe that all my painful experiences can be redeemed. It has challenged me to see "my junk" differently, from a Kingdom perspective, to see that any space that has been left empty has actually served to make more room for His grace.

It has challenged me to choose to let God fill up all those empty places rather than just leaving them empty and rotting. I think its easier to let them remain empty, but God's plan for each of us is to fill those places of empty heartache with grace, comfort, mercy and JOY!

As we move into the Christmas season, for many of us, there is a mix of joy and sorrow that comes with this time of year. It's a mixed bag, this life.

But nothing is meant to be empty but the tomb. Nothing. So let's choose to let God fill it with blessings. Because He'll do it, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...