Friday, June 7, 2013

5 Minute Favorite Quote Friday

This week I am taking a tip from my lovely friend Monica over at 
Elevate Ideas (LOVE her blog) and I am doing Favorite Quote Friday in 5 minutes.

Ready, go!

My quote for you this week is from my amazing husband, Tim.

"Thin does not equal beautiful."

My wise husband started saying this to me early on in our relationship and with good reason. It was something I didn't believe; I was always comparing myself to someone who I saw as skinnier than me. I still struggle with this. Only now, I compare myself  to the skinnier version of me. Because back then, I was skinny. I just didn't know it.

Sure wish I had enjoyed it more :)

In a world where babies, grief, and stress happen, and "bouncing back" doesn't always happen as fast as we want it to, our waistline and our self esteem can take a hit. Especially when we don't see ourselves properly.

there I was on my wedding day, just hanging with the ladies, being all skinny and not even knowing it 

Tim still says this to me sometimes, and by God's grace, I am still learning to believe it. I'm also practicing the art of being thankful for my body, dare I say, just the way it is.... With this healthy body that God has given me, I can run 4 miles and feel great. I can carry both of my twins at the same time, for extended periods. I can have giant, healthy babies with this body - 2 at a time! I can keep up with my boys at the park. I can live a full and active life. Even if I still have 10lbs+ to lose before I am back to my "pre-baby" weight. The twins are 2 now....I don't think its classified as baby weight anymore.

Do I wish this body were a little slimmer? Sure I do. So I'm making healthy decisions one day at a time, for me and my family. But I'm also trying to enjoy it (my life, my body) right now without feeling guilty about it. My boys don't care if my tummy is squishy and I don't fit into my old skinny jeans. I do  fit into my new skinny jeans.  :)  And my husband knows that thin doesn't equal beautiful. 

Do you?

(Ok, it took me more than 5 minutes to write this...don't know how you do it, Monica!:)

1 comment:

  1. And skinny doesn't always equal healthy either. Well said, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...