Monday, December 17, 2012

Advent in light of Conneticut

I have been attempting to write about Friday 
all weekend to very little avail.

Here's what I got.

Its advent.
And its all about it cross.
Always has been.


It seems even more vital now that we draw near to the cross
and reflect on what He did there for us.

What He did for those who are grieving now.

This is the easy part.
The part before harsh reality sets in.
Before their "new normal" must begin.
Because it will never be normal for them again.
Those mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers whose 
lives have just been ravaged by evil.
At Christmastime.

I have yet to shed a tear for all those sweet babies in that school.
I think I'm numb.
I think that if I start to cry, I won't ever stop.
I can't start because it will hurt too bad.

But I can pray.
And I can go to the cross for them.
In this season of advent, I can intercede for them.

Who am I kidding? My heart is so soft these days, I can't pray for a meal without crying. I can't watch a commercial about veterans without weeping. I certainly can't see a commercial for Children's Hospital without needing to leave the room. Sigh. I rejoice in that. My "mushy" heart. It means something.

It means something because of Christ.

Happy advent. Please pray for those families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...