Monday, December 31, 2012

Captain America Birthday!

This was a big weekend for us, my #1 baby boy turned 4 years old!

 How is it possible that I already have a 4 yr old?! I do not feel old enough for that. Sometimes I still look around for the real parents to come back and claim their children...

What a good looking trio

They never come, weird. Looks like we're it :)

We spent the weekend celebrating Jackson's life with a couple very low key parties. I use the term party very, very loosely. Nana joined us on his actual birthday and some friends the next night.
Breakfast birthday donuts. Which actually ended up being
lunch dessert  b/c we didn't get to the store until after breakfast.
Oh well, pretty sure he still loved them. Seeing as how we're
"those" parents who rarely give sugar, I figure you can't
have too many treats on your birhtday.
Dinner with Nana
Beck and Nana-bird

For dinner, my little man requested macaroni and cheese (from a box) with hot dogs mixed in. I was thrilled. I am all about simple when it comes to kid birthdays. Especially if all 3 will actually eat it. I did, however make spaghetti for the adults in the "crowd." Pretty sure Nana was quite happy about that!


And for dessert....Captain America Cake! It may not be the prettiest cake you've ever seen, but it was made with love. Like I said before, I am all about simple and semi-homemade, even if it isn't very attractive. I have no shame. Making a tasty dessert is easy. Making a tasty and beautiful dessert is harder, especially for me. So there you go.

When asked who he wanted to join him on his birthday, Jackson was very specific: Nana, N and L. Lucky for me, N and L are 2 of the children of one of my best friends. I was happy to accommodate. We watched both games, Vikes on TV, Broncos on the laptop and had Papa Murphy's and cake and ice cream. Simple and delicious!
J, I, and N havin' some cake and ice cream





Kids had fun, parents had fun. Jackson was celebrated!







We had another thrilling moment this weekend, more thrilling than the birthday festivities, if you can believe that! The day before his 4th birthday, my sweet and thoughtful firstborn prayed to have Jesus come and live in his heart.

Be still my beating heart.

It was a precious moment that I had the privilege of sharing in as the one who launched me into motherhood with the miracle of his life taught me a sweet lesson of the miracle of true LIFE! Oh for joy.

Motherhood rocks.

It still takes A LOT of Jesus for me to be a good mom, a challenge for me each and every day, but Friday afternoon was one of those times that every struggle is made worthwhile.

Happy birthday, Pook. You thrill me, challenge me, and make me a better person each and every day. My heart sings to know that you knew your Papa before he died. I know that you will be a man like him, a man who follows hard after God and whose life shall be marked by obedience. So blessed that you are my son. Love you, little friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...