Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Embracing the CHAOS


I like peace and quiet. I like things orderly and succinct. I don’t like too much unnecessary noise (or words for that matter). I love to just BE. I don’t like to be busy or to be rushed. I am a human being not a human doing after all. I know, I know, a corny one too.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I know that’s what you were thinking, so I went ahead and said it for you.

The other day I said to Tim, “I can’t keep up with my life. I can’t respond to everyone, let alone in a timely fashion. I can’t catch my breath, literally or figuratively.” Without missing a beat, he motioned to what was going on next to us. Three little boys, all crammed into T-Bone’s crib, jumping up and down, squealing and having the time of their life.

Oh wait…my life IS those 3 little boys jumping up and down (on one another) in that crib. I need to respond (in a timely fashion) to them. I need to be present with them. I need to embrace their chaos….not complain about it. Enjoy it. Enjoy the chaos. Enjoy the chaos. If I repeat it enough, maybe it will start to happen. 

Actually, I know it will. I can’t lie, that sounds literally impossible to me, but those 3 little words, embrace the chaos, were given to me as an assignment by One who knows far more than I, so I am confident I can do it. I’m up to the challenge.

So here’s to chaos, cheers!
 busy
busy
busy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...