Saturday, September 15, 2012

Build a bridge...

Had a much needed visit with a friend today. It was a nice, long visit. The kind that feeds your soul. And that's what I needed after the trauma of getting the boys out the door this morning.

There was weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The boys were crying too.



In my mind, she is a pioneer. She is wicked smart, thoughtful and very, very wise. She is also a fellow mom of twins. Her twins are 6 years older than mine, and she has survived.

There is hope for me yet.

I was deeply affirmed by our time together. How sweet it is to truly feel understood. How much of life is just about getting over feeling misunderstood? Its easy to feel that way because it's hard for us to understand things that we haven't experienced.

I think a lot of the work I have done in the past few years has had a lot to do with getting over feeling misunderstood. I bet lots of people still don't understand why Tim and I didn't go to Africa. I had to get over that. Its hard to understand parenting multiples from the outside looking in. Have to get over that too. In essence, I have to get over myself. What is motivating my desire to be understood by my friends and family. As long as God understands me, and He does, its all good.

Right?

But it isn't! I want to be understood and so do you.

Well, my friend understood me today so maybe it's time to build a bridge and get over it. :)

After all, since You CAN have it all I don't want to waste my time brooding over being misunderstood. There's too much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...