Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 A Year in Review

2012

What a year.

It started off like any other year, with our anniversary!

7 years!
Tim and I celebrated 7 years of marital bliss in 2012. Since that fateful day in 2005, each and every moment of each and every day has been absolute perfection from start to finish.

If you believe that, I have a duplex I'd like to sell you....

In all seriousness, there have certainly been ups and downs. Marriage is work, but its also a lot of fun, especially with twins! Our marriage has never been one of our "mountains to climb," so to speak. Some seasons are harder than others, but I am so thankful for a completely drama-less relationship with my best friend. Any man who can love me with all my quirks is a keeper! Oh, and for that anniversary date (thanks for babysitting, Nana!) he took me dancing. Like I said, a keeper.

2012 brought us the twins 1st birthday, a milestone and reminder that somehow, we miraculously made it through the first year. Truly. Miraculous.

nomnomnom
The twins were a final birthday gift to my Dad, as they share a birthday, so that morning, Jackson and I sent balloons up to Papa in Heaven with little notes. And just like that, a sweet new (chilly) tradition was born.



The summer brought lots of fun in the backyard and at the park. It was still a little hard to wrangle all 3 somewhere public, but little by little, we are getting better at being a family of 5 with multiples  :)

Our favorite thing to do this summer was take long family bike rides. Or walks. Or runs. Pretty much just anything outside.
the cuteness is too much
Thanks to Nana once again, Tim and I were even able to get away for a weekend alone! We had to listen to a pitch for a time share, but we're pretty good at saying no when it comes to wasting our resources. 

Sadly, 2012 also brought with it the loss of a dear friend. My sweet friend Preethi went to be with Jesus in June leaving behind her husband and 3 precious boys. Still haven't been able to put words to blog.

We were able to do a few painting projects and even perfected our system so that we could get an entire room done during naptime. One room at a time, I tell myself, one room at a time and eventually, our home will be filled with color! At the rate we are going, by the time I get the whole house done, we'll need to start over again!

We were also blessed to be able to get a project done that expanded our kitchen a bit. Tiny expansion, huge difference. When you have a tiny kitchen, every inch matters! I still don't have very good pictures, so stay tuned.

In the Fall, I started watching a sweet little chub-monster a few days a week, giving my boys a glimpse of what it might be like should they have a sister at some point (very far) in the future. Having 4 under 4 is a handful, but we seem to be managing alright! And now, I only have 4 under 5, so it's way easier. haha

I am thankful for 2012, for its heartaches and challenges, joys and milestones. Challenges give us an opportunity to "count it all joy," and when we do, we experience true joy. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...