Monday, January 21, 2013

Manic Make-over Monday!

It's been a while since we did a makeover on the Seed. I did figure out the trick to blogging on Mondays though.

Doing it on Sunday :)  Maybe you're thinking that Sunday should be a day of rest. I agree and I raise my glass and toast to "someday!"

Mondays tend to be our "reset" day around here and finding time to blog is completely useless. Typically the boys and I clean up the house, do some laundry, and figure out our meals for the week.

When I say the boys and I, I mean I.

So, this Sunday's Monday's makeover is my living room.

I do actually have a before shot, such as it is.

A little too boring and devoid of color for me. We like a lot of color when it comes to home decor. I don't like to wear a lot of color, but I do love a color-filled home. Hey, you only live once, right? So, when it came to deciding a color for our living room, adventure orange it was! We were able to get it all done in one day, mostly over naptime. I think we painted sometime last summer, but I don't actually remember. In fact, I may have already blogged about this....don't remember that either, ha!






Amazing what a fresh coat of paint and some curtains will do! I love how warm and cozy the room always feels. I read somewhere that orange is a happy and contented paint color. Probably not true, but I still like it!

Although quite a few items in the room have been repurposed and/or redone to coordinate, I'm not that organized to detail that for you here. I do love thrifting and decorating on the cheap. Nothing makes me happier than turning a bit of "trash" into a new treasure! Spray paint is an amazing invention and I am developing quite the stash.

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...