Friday, May 10, 2013

Favorite Quote Friday

I was blessed with a brief, but lovely moment to sit down by myself the other afternoon, and I read from my favorite devotional, Streams in the Desert.

I know I've said it before, but I love that little blue book. I seemed particularly prone to underlining that day, but I found myself especially engaged by this:

Comfort is not given to us when we are lighthearted and
cheerful. We must travel the depths of emotion in order to experience
comfort - one of God's most precious gifts.
And then we must be prepared to become coworkers with Him.

I have certainly found this to be true in my life. 

I'm confident that I have even run from God's comfort at times b/c of this knowledge: once the fragments have settled, and the comfort has soaked in, there indeed, lies an invitation. Often, a challenging one. An "impossible" one.

Needless to say, but I will say it anyway, an excellent and timely reminder.

Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...