Friday, May 24, 2013

Favorite Quote Friday

So last week, rather than giving you a nugget from my fave devo, I quoted a dear friend of mine for the weekly installment of FQF. My sweet friend, Truth Talker, is always giving me great material :)

As a side, my Beth Moore James study, Mercy Triumphs, has "FQF" written on pretty much every page, I have barely scratched the surface. For a girl (me) who doesn't really care for studies (nope), glory, how I have loved that one. I love me some Jimmy James.

All that to say I am going to start a new series for FQF, where I just quote the rad stuff my rad friends say. If you are reading between the lines, this is your chance. Your chance to make into the hall of 'Seed' fame. HA! For real though, say something awesome to me and I will def quote you. Totes.

This week's is from quite a few years ago, during the time when we were fundraising for our ministry in Africa.

When some good friends of ours shared with us that they would be partnering with us financially, they told us that they wanted to be
"People who give sacrificially, who give into 
the Kingdom of God until it hurts."

They wanted to feel the "burn" of giving. We were so humbled by this sacrifice of theirs. So blessed to receive from them and this has stuck with me for years. I was and continue to be so challenged by this.

Its a favorite.

Happy Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...