Monday, July 16, 2012

Mondays and peanut butter toast

It's a Monday and I'll cry if I want to, 
cry if I want to, cry if I want to.  
You would cry too if twins happened to-oo you!

I'm not crying, but I am covered in peanut butter.  And missing our house guest already.  She was only here 2 weeks, but left a gaping hole. While I literally got nothing done while she was here, it was wonderful to have the fellowship.  Motherhood can be a lonely road at times and there is always a long list of things that truly must be done. Sometimes its vital to set aside that list, make another pot of coffee and sit outside with a dear friend and talk for a couple hours while the littles sleep.  And we did.  We also spent a few hours trying on clothes.  I miss having a female roomate!  Tim doesn't get the same thrill trying on different outfits....

On a different note, there is something about Mondays that really makes me miss my dad.  
I don't know what it is, but I am always very aware of his absence in my life on Mondays.
Wow, do I miss him.  So hug your dad today.  Or call him.  Even if you don't know what to say, 
give him a call say hello.  Better yet, pray for your dad today. 

Only 4 days until I leave for N. Carolina and I am pumped (and nervous).
I am officially done with trying to be prepared for this conference.  Don't think its gonna happen.  Too much life going on these days.  And that's ok.  Babies, weddings, toddlers, friends, life is full.  Will try to squeeze in some time for article revision......hopefully.  But God will do what God will do and my main priority is to be ready to receive whatever He has for me this weekend!  Hope I remember how to wear heels and eyeliner....its been a while.

Blessing to you this Monday.  Hope you're not crying :)

1 comment:

  1. Look! I'm commenting on your blog...there's a first for everything, right? So sorry you didn't get anything done, I intended to help you out with that...but atleast I helped you take a break, write that on your list, and check it off! Miss you already, And can't wait to hear you speak!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...