Monday, July 30, 2012

There's Something About Mondays

Can't put my finger on it yet, but there is something about Mondays that brings to the surface my grief over losing Dad.  Last week I was so overcome with sadness that I cried myself to sleep.  At 8:15pm.  Put the babes to bed and followed suit.

I have heard that the pain of losing a loved one never truly goes away and that grief can rear its head at the most surprising, and often inopportune, moments.  Something triggers a memory and you end up in a puddle on the floor.  I think I'm ok with that.  My dad was one of my favorite people and I want my life to be marked by his life's impression on my heart, even if that means tears and snot while I'm in line at Target.  Life goes on, and so must we.  But its ok to let it hurt while it hurts.

Today  my trigger was Isaiah 58:6-11.  Dad loved that scripture.  Well, he loved all scripture, but I know he spent a lot of time meditating on that one.  As I read through this text during naptime, it opened up the floodgates, but also blanketed me in encouragement.

The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land 
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden, 
like a spring whose waters never fail.

My frame doesn't feel particularly strong today and if I were a garden I would likely be described as a dehydrated one that needs to work out.  But God says He will strengthen me and I shall be like a spring whose waters never fail.  To this I say, yes and amen, I receive it.

Happy Monday, may you be a well-watered garden on this sticky afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...