Friday, August 24, 2012

Favorite Quote Friday

Three things have kept me sane and functioning this past year:

1. the immeasurable GRACE of God
2. Tim
3. Streams in the Desert devotional

Probably in that order.

Reading the Word has been hard since Dad died. Straight up. It's getting better, but still hard.

A friend gave this devotional to me for my birthday and I feel like it has practically saved my life.

So, for the inauguration of Favorite Quote Friday, I give you a quite from May 21:

It is indeed extremely doubtful that a person's soul can really know
the love of God in its richness and in its comforting, satisfying completeness 
until the skies are dark and threatening. Light emerges from 
darkness, and morning is born from the womb of night.

This is a great devotional, I can't recommend it enough. If life feels hard for you, the gut-wrenching, I feel like I might die, kind of hard, then buy this book. Straight up.

Happy Friday everyone, I am off to the MN State Fair!


T-Bone is ready to trade in his stick for some deep fried pickles, nom, nom, nom!

1 comment:

  1. I too love Streams in the Desert. A dear friend gave me a copy when it felt like the world was falling in all around me. I started re-reading this year when we were gearing up to move to Portland and it's been a lifesaver all over again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...