Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Same God

Had a playdate this morning with a very dear friend and a total of 7 kiddos between us - yikes!  Somehow we were still able to have a great conversation.  She lost her dad exactly 1 year before I lost mine.  To the day.  Crazy timing.  She's one of my soul sisters.

We chatted about what each of our families were going to do for the anniversary that's coming up.  Can't believe it's already been a year.  Can't tell if it's gone by quickly or slowly.  Can't decide how to celebrate/commemorate this first year.  Can't handle thinking about it quite yet.  

As I drove home I was listening to the song The Same God by New Song.  Great song.

It reminded me of a Saturday afternoon late last August.  The weather was flawless, but the tears were flowing.  It was the first time I had allowed myself to consider that Dad may not make it.  I was laying in bed for a moment resting.  We had just returned from visiting him at hospice.  I was asking God "what am I going to do?  how will I survive without him?  without his voice of wisdom in my life?  how, God, how?!"  

You know what?

God answered me in that moment.

As clear as I can hear my babies screaming when they have have been robbed of a toy by a brother, I heard God speak into my spirit "it's time for you to stand on your own two feet, daughter.  and you will be ok."

Then the tears really flowed.

The same God who lead me to this place, will lead me out of this place.

Thankful for a God of redemption; a God who hears me.

And a God who speaks to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...